Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Project with mono VOTT.

  1. #1
    Hostboard Member Tralalalala's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2011
    Posts
    78
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Project with mono VOTT.

    Hello all,

    I?m considering building one large VOTT speaker for a mono setup.

    I?ve been considering before to build my own wood horn - for this project - not an option.

    I would like to have this speaker in a larger scale than VOTT A7?s.
    I would like to use Altec multicell horns.

    I see that a pair of Altec VOTT A4 is set to 6000 USD on ebay, this is way over my budget...


    What alternatives do I got ? - or is this a deadend ?
    All help will be appreciated


    Best,
    Tralalalala

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Project with mono VOTT.

    If you can't build it, the only other solution that comes to mind would be to 'sandwich' a multi-cell between a pair of A7 cabs to create an M-T-M and add full height 'wings' to tie it all together and make it as wide as an A4 to get the same half space loading.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.